Sunday, January 30, 2011

Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off... among other things

It was the summer after Freshman year in college. There was a party everyone was talking about that some friends were having at there apartment.  The rules were simple, only tequila was to be drank.  At the time, I didn't have much experience with the effects of this alcohol but what can I say, it was freshman year of college... Peer pressure will getcha. 

We get to the crowded party to find bottles of tequila (I'm sure it was the cheapest option possible) lined up on the bar with limes slices ready to go.  Everyone is showing off these dashes on there forearm and are obviously pretty drunk.  Well, they take me to the bar and I discover that all these dashes I see are sharpie marks to keep track of how many shots they have taken.  I take my first shot and get my dash... on my chest for some reason.  Let me clarify,  my upper chest.  I remember the music was loud, people were dancing and having a good time, I had a big crush on one of the guys that was there, and 2 of my friends got crapped on by a bird. Right on the head, both of them.  That's completely beside the point, but a funny side note. 

After that, things are a bit foggy.  Appppparently I had 13 dashes across my chest. I'm a large girl, and it was off season from basketball, so my tolerance was probably pretty good... but 13 shots in probably an hour and a half is enough to make crazy things happen.  So i'm sick... my best friend (who didn't drink at the time) takes me into the bathroom, I puke... a lot.  Then I decide I want to take a shower, because that's what always makes me feel better. 

*** UPDATE ***

It has been brought to my attention i have left out an important detail about why i showered. I was peed on... how i forgot this im not sure. I was directed to the bed so I would pass out and my friends could party on and my crush was in the same situation and was placed on the bed as well. He peed on me. How romantic, I know. Soooo that's when I showered, after throwing up and being urinated on.

It wasn't her house, but she didn't stop me.  She gets me a towel when I get out.  What a good friend right? A cute little blues clues towel.  She then proceeds to let me out of the room.  Mascara running down my face, sopping wet, in a blues clues towel I start going through the party rounding up my gang to go home.  It was maybe midnight... the party was definitely not over, but we were heading out... thanks to me.

My sober driver had a explorer, one without backdoors/windows.  For whatever reason, I got in the back. We roll up to the main red light on campus and I had to puke again.  I tell the driver, and have to lean up and throw up out her window.  Of course I lose my towel while I'm hanging all the way out the front window... on the middle of campus... puking out a car window.

*Before any of you start judging me... Let me just say that this is the only night I have ever not remembered a big part of it.

So my friend gets me to my apartment.  I shared an apartment with a teammate and some random girl. Then I decide want to get in the bath now, again... Im soaking and she assumes that it was safe for her to crawl in my bed and I would be in shortly.  Wrong.  She said she woke up the next morning and freaked out when she realized I never came to bed.  She jumped out of bed to find me and apparently woke up me because all I know is I woke up in my bath robe, on my couch in the living room, with a girl I didn't know.  Heads on the same end of the couch and everything.  There was a solid 3 seconds of us just staring at each other before I half awake said 'Um who are you?', and got the response of...'who the hell are you?'

Apparently my random roommate had 3 friends in town.  There was a couple that was sleeping on the living room floor that I had tried to crawl in between, and I guess they told me I couldn't sleep with them... so I crawled on my couch. With a stranger.  Why I didn't just go to my own bedroom I'll never know....


Needless to say, when the song 'Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off' came out... it had a wholllle different meaning to me...

1 comment:

  1. hahahahahah gosh Spann...you seriously have no idea how hard i just laughed!! This blog is turning into my favorite thing :)

    ReplyDelete