Sunday, January 9, 2011

A Brown Lace Thong and a Breath-Right Strip...

I think my first post was enough self-humiliation for a while, soo I want to share my all-time favorite story and embarrass one of my girlfriends instead...

It was around 11:30 before my 3 girlfriends and I got settled in our hotel right off of Michigan Ave in Chicago.  We debated and then decided to just go out and have a drink or two and have a chill night considering we only had 3 days to cram lots of sightseeing in.  So we take off to just find a bar around the hotel... obviously not knowing where one was, but assuming that we could find one easily.  Not.  30 minutes of wandering around a ghost town (minus the scary homeless men of course) we come across a little Irish pub.  It was dead, but we got a nice little table and ordered a couple of beers.  I still don't understand this part, but 30 minutes later we were surrounded by literally like 10 men.  Mostly old men, but that's not the point. 

The point was, they were funny, friendly, and our glasses were never empty and we were having a great time.  You know chill nights never end up as planned.

So we closed the bar down, got a cab back to the hotel, and decided we needed food to end the night.  When Katie and I left to go on our little food hunt, the other 2 were washing there faces, putting PJ's on, and crawling into bed.  We go to the 7-11 across the street and come home to find them so asleep that they dont even wake up to eat the drunk food.  So Katie and it all, and crawled into bed.

Here's where things get strange.  6:45 am Suzanne bursts through the hotel door, I pop up in bed and witness her digging through her clutch that's on the ironing board by the door.  Then I notice the man... in a uniform? She looks at him like he was the devil and screams, "Here..." and passes over her drivers license.  Obviously satisfied, he leaves and I immediately question if she's ok and what is going on? She glares at me and says, 'I'm fine.. you f'ing left me at the bar.  Just go back to bed Spann." Ummmm... ok. She was in noooo mood to discuss this, soo I went back to bed.  We wake up the next morning, and I inquired if she remembered the little incident the night before.  Ohhh the light bulb turned on, her eyes got big, and she covered her mouth. 

Apparently, Suz is a surprise sleepwalker... hasn't happened before, but she came to and woke up on floor 14 (we were on floor 16) knocking on a door and hearing a reply of  'Honey, I think you've got the wrong room.'  She had been riding the elevator up and down knocking on random doors.  Once the nice lady snapped her back to reality she realized what was happening and that she had no idea what room we were in.  So, she rode the elevator a bit more (keep in mind it's an elevator with windows), and decided that she was going to have to go to the front desk.  Now I will mention my favorite part...

She was wearing a white tank top, a brown lacey thong, and her breathright strip.

Yep... my friend was roaming around the Inn of Chicago in a thong.  And yes, she did have to go to the front desk at 6:30 in the morning when it was full of business men.  Thinking a bit more clearly now, she got off the elevator, and butt against the wall scooted down the hall, around the corner, and to the side of the front desk.  I can only imagine the shock on the workers face when he saw what was in front of him. He said 'Miss, what do you think you're doing?!?!'  she informed him, very politely im sure, that she was locked out of her room.  He then responds and asks her which room she was in and got a quite obvious, 'Well if I knew what my room number was, dont you think I would be there?!' They figure it out, and hurriedly got her out of the main lobby.  You may be asking yourself this question, but yes still barefoot in her thong and tank... Why they didn't give her something... anything to cover herself with, I'm not sure.  So they accompany her back to the room, and make her get her ID to prove she was really staying in the hotel I guess.  And that brings the story full circle.  My friend probably roamed around the hotel for a solid 30 minutes half naked, with a breathright strip on.  I'm giggling again just thinking about it.

The next night...
We are getting ready to go out, and we're in the lobby... (we liked to hang out there as much as possibly the rest of the trip, just to live up her uncomfortableness) Katie asks one of the security guys if he was working last night.  He smile, looks dead at Suzanne, says yes... and points at her.  He chose his words simply and only said, 'No one believed me...'  the rest of us lost it and needed to know more.  Yes, he was working and yes he told everyone about it that day.  By the grace of God, somehow she wasn't on the video tapes (the more i think about it, the more i think they lied to her), and soon a couple of other workers had approached us saying... 'This is the girl?  That's her?!'

My sweet and appropriate Suzanne...
Barefoot with a brown lacey thong and a breathright strip... geez

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the Home of the original clear-lined thong for men. Our Company is built on the principals of making high quality products at affordable prices, while providing reliable customer service. We are headquartered in the USA. Our mission is to provide a comfortable, supportive, new and unique product line for our customers. Let's go to E-kini.com!

    ReplyDelete