Sunday, January 2, 2011

I am 24 years old, and on New Years Eve I...

I'm not going to tell you what I did just yet.  But here's the story:

I should have known better than to go to downtown Nashville on New Years Eve, it was sure to be where all the obnoxious tourists would be. But with friend in town on a tight budget we decided that it would be the best option.  We got a game plan, and headed out in my roommates mini van.  Yes, I said mini van. We get to Cadillac Ranch only to discover that the cover charge is more than we had expected.  Already getting annoyed with the number of people walking around on Broadway St and not wanting to discuss going somewhere else, J and I decide to find an ATM.  We find it, and by 'it' I mean the only ATM in downtown Nashville. Stupid. The line was about 25 people long, but we jumped right in... still feeling the excitement of the evening.  15 minutes later, and about 7 people closer to the front of the line, I tell my friend I have to use the restroom. I try the souvenir store next to us... no public restroom.  The kind lady told me to try 2 other places with public restrooms.  I head to the first, an ice cream shop.  The line was literally out the front door just for the restroom... Not going to work.  A slight panic starts to show in my eyes when I realize that this could be a bigger deal than I initially thought. I try the second place, port-a-potties lining the street.  In hind-sight, the lines probably weren't that long, but at the time it seemed like the length of the wall of China.  Think, think, think... ahh my old work was across the street. I run into Big River Grill thinking somehow the familiarity would save me.  Nope, just more lines... at this point I was even looking at the men's line too.  I go back to the ATM to find J at the front of the line.  Cash in hand, I'm seeing a light at the end of the tunnel as we finally shoved our way back to the bar with the stupid high entry fee...  Running now, I head to the back bathroom.  LINES... Shit... then I remember the 'secret bathroom' in the other bar that connects that none of the tourists would know about.

I get there and there were 2 girls in front of me.  The one in the front of the line was a 6' plus-er as well and commented on this fact, I then politely ask if I could go next and explain that I've been trying to find a restroom for a long time.  Hallelujah a stall door opens!!!  And then, in slow motion... that tall bitch goes in it. 

That was it... the flood gates opened and I pissed my pants. By pants I mean my too expensive dress, and brand new shoes. And you know once you reach that point of having the pee sooooo bad, you can't stop it.  A puddle accumulated below me. No one seemed to notice though, so when 3 girls walked in and we moved up in the line I leaned to the one behind me and told her to 'Watch out, there's a puddle over there.'  Probably top 5 most embarrassing moments of my life.  I had to take off my panties, throw them in the corner and cover them with toilet paper.

After I rush out of there, I get back to my friends who laughed for a solid 5 minutes at me and told me I smelled. I make it to the bar desperately wanting to drown the experience I just had, and the countdown starts.  Watching everyone kiss around us, my friend and I shrug and innocently pop kiss.

Yes, I brought in 2011 by pissing my pants and kissing a girl.  I desperately hope that yours was better and that this is no indication how my year is going to go.

2 comments:

  1. your the kewlest spann; could i be your friend? i wish i did all the kewl stuff you do. The best part about it is that you will have a online journal (blog) of your 'misadventures'. Maybe next you can post your new music on your myspace for all the others to enjoy... Love you lots.

    xoxo,
    daddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. daddy: you spelled "quewl" wrong. I should know, I'm wearing my 1st convention shirt right now.

    anyway, spann! I love you and it's ok to pee your dress sometimes! it happens to the best of us. I'll follow you, my little lady!

    ReplyDelete